Edgar Allan Poe knew what he was doing when he used the raven instead of some other bird to croak out “nevermore” in his famous poem. The raven has long been associated with death and dark omens, but the real bird is somewhat of a mystery. Unlike its smaller cousin the crow, not a lot has been written about this remarkable bird.
1. RAVENS ARE ONE OF THE SMARTEST ANIMALS.
2. RAVENS CAN IMITATE HUMAN SPEECH.
3. EUROPEANS OFTEN SAW RAVENS AS EVIL IN DISGUISE.
4. RAVENS HAVE BEEN FEATURED IN MANY MYTHS.
5. RAVENS ARE EXTREMELY PLAYFUL.
6. RAVENS DO WEIRD THINGS WITH ANTS.
7. RAVENS USE “HAND” GESTURES.
8. RAVENS ARE ADAPTABLE.
9. RAVENS SHOW EMPATHY FOR EACH OTHER.
10. RAVENS ROAM AROUND IN TEENAGE GANGS.